Laura’s Style Picks “Summer Neutrals”
While bright and warm colors are definitely a safe bet for summer weather, neutrals are an often unappreciated and overlooked choice at this time of year. Take this room for instance? It’s devoid of real color, yet evokes a calm, light, peaceful, and warm bedroom setting. I mean, who out there wouldn’t want this as your bedroom? I know I would. While many times people use their own fashion-sense to dictate their design style, I think it can work both ways. As you will see below, a room can indeed inspire a summer outfit (and an additional house design accessory), as this one did for me. Now, if only I could go out and buy it for myself. Enjoy!
Items (listed clockwise, starting with center dress)–Click links below to go to product page!
- Anthropologie, Breakfasting Dress, $138
- Piperline, Hive and Honey Leather Wrap Bracelet, $24
- Banana Republic, ‘Anja’ Sunglasses in Sienna, $98
- Crate & Barrel, Basey Basket, $59
- Nordstrom, Steve Madden ‘Serrious’ Sandal, $39 (on sale!)
- Banana Republic, Embellished Ethnic Scarf, $70
Side Note: Caroline had a great DC-related post lined up for today, but unfortunately her computer has been struck by a bad virus. I think it’s safe to say she is about to join team Mac. But hopefully her computer will be up and running by tomorrow, so look out for this post on Friday!