DC Right Now: July 31st – August 1st
If you’re in the area, grab tickets to the annual Legg Mason Tennis Classic tournament held at the William H. Fitzgerald Tennis Center in Rock Creek Park located in Northwest DC. It is considered one of the top-20 men’s tennis tournaments in the world! You might even get the chance to see some of the world’s top-ranked tennis players, including Andy Roddick (Laura’s personal favorite!), recent Wimbledon finalist Tomas Berdych, Robin Soderling, and John Isner, to name a few. The stadium fits close to 7,500 people. Both of us have had the chance to attend this tournament before and it was a lot of fun! But be prepared for DC summer heat and definitely pack sunblock, a hat, and sunglasses. Check out more information at their website by clicking here. Tickets range from $10 for early rounds up (quite a deal!) and anywhere from $40-$50/ticket for semifinal and final games! Box seats are also available.
Scenes of DC
- Arlington Flea Market–on the first Saturday of every month this summer
- Billy Goat Trail–with 3 trails and the chance to scale cliffs, this is one of DC’s best hikes
- DC Ducks–one of the most fun ways to be a tourist in DC!
- Flower Mart–an annual outdoors spring festival at the National Cathedral
- Greek Festival–springtime food and fun at Saint Sophia Greek Orthodox Cathedral
- Jazz in the Gardens–free jazz, Fridays, at the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Gardens
- National Cherry Blossom Festival–a celebration of springtime in the nation’s capital
- Newseum–DC’s interactive museum of news and journalism
- White House Gardens Tour–a free springtime event
Nightlife–Bars, Clubs, and Shows
- Outdoor Movie Festivals–enjoy a free outdoor movie almost any night this summer!
- RAIN’s Tribute to the Beatles @ Wolftrap Theater
Other DC-Related Fun Posts
- How to Snag Cheap Movie Tickets and Other Great Deals!
- Why A-Town is the best town (especially Clizzledizzle, yo): An Arlington Rap
- Getting organized as a recent grad
- Meet Myrtle the Turtle in this heroic tale of animal rescue